3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 or 2 inch squares
(if your thighs have bones and skins just estimate 3 pounds after you've de-boned)
chili sauce:
3 red chilies, seeded and chopped or 1 1/2 t bottled red chili paste of some kind, I use hot chili garlic sauce
1 T grated ginger or 1 T bottled ginger
2 c water
2/3 c soy sauce
1/2 c white wine vinegar or regular vinegar
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro leaves (I just leave this out if I don't have it)
To make the chili sauce: place chilis, ginger, water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a deep frying pan over medium heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the chicken pieces and cook, covered, for 35 minutes, turning occassionally. Remove the lid from the pan and continue cooking for 25 minutes, turning the chicken until it is cooked and the sauce reduces down so it is thicker and coats the chicken well. Stir in the cilantro and serve with steamed rice. Serves 4.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks great!!
ReplyDelete