Thursday, July 9, 2009

Caramel Popcorn (Julie Thurman)

Homemade Caramel Popcorn

2 cubes butter or margarine ( I use butter)
2 cups light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups light corn syrup

Combine these items together on low heat...then add one can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix together well and bring to a soft boil. I usually only boil it for three or four minutes stirring constantly. When it reaches soft ball stage, remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes.

Pop your popcorn before you make the caramel. You need to pop enough to fill the largest Tupperware bowl and maybe 5 or 6 cups extra. Pour caramel over and mix well! It is very addicting! That's why I've made it four times in the past month! :) ENJOY!

Note from Rebecca: I am not a Caramel Popcorn fan, but LOVE this version!

No comments:

Post a Comment